- Another day of reduced racing with very mixed weather conditions – no racing at all for the Nacra 17
- Five Brits make first day of medal racing tomorrow
- Emma Wilson (pictured above) fifth in Women’s RS:X, six points off the podium ahead of medal race
- James Peters and Fynn Sterritt (pictured below) fourth in only race of the day for the 49ers. The pair sit fifth and in medal contention
- A race win in the Men’s RS:X for Tom Squires puts him in fifth overall and in the medal race
- No racing for the Nacra 17 which means Ben Saxton and Nikki Boniface are top and John Gimson and Anna Burnet are sixth going in to tomorrow’s medal race
- Second and sixth puts Ali Young in to third overall in the Laser Radial
- Nick Thompson (pictured below) and Elliot Hanson still in Laser top ten at seventh and ninth respectively
- Medal races live on British Sailing Team website and across social media
WHAT THEY SAID:
Fynn Sterritt – 49er
“Only one race for us unfortunately. That one race was reasonably good for us and we came fourth. Looks like we go straight in to medal racing now which is a shame, but we are in fifth and with a chance for a medal so hopefully we can move up.
There’s a few boats on similar points now so we can’t think of any one team in particular to watch, we just need to go and see what we can do in the medal race. Go out and win it and see what happens from there.”
Ali Young – Laser Radial
“I’m getting some things right and some things wrong. I’m pretty shattered to be honest. I feel like I’ve burnt all my matches. We will see what I’ve got left for tomorrow. We’ve had some pretty physical sailing on the back of another regatta so I’m definitely feeling it, but hopefully everyone else in the fleet is as well.”
Tom Squires – Men’s RS:X
“Another breezy day for us. We all set up for quite a marginal day, around 13 knots, but then that boosted in to around 27 knots and gave the whole fleet a fright. I reckon around 90% of us went for a swim. We got three stand out races in big breeze though and I am crawling my way up the fleet with the help of a race win.”
Racing will run through to the live medal races on the British Sailing Team website and across the team’s social media on 31 August and 1 September.
Full results from the event can be found here.