- Good breeze on day three allowed some fleets to catch up on the schedule
- Race win helps keep Ben Saxton and Nikki Boniface (pictured above) top of the Nacra 17. John Gimson and Anna Burnet in sixth
- Ali Young (pictured below) moves up to fourth after taking final Laser Radial race of the day. Hannah Snellgrove up to eighth
- James Peters and Fynn Sterritt also move up to fourth winning final race of the day in the 49er
- Emma Wilson continues to climb in Women’s RS:X and is up to fourth overall
- Three top four results, including a race win, moves Tom Squires (pictured bottom) up to sixth overall in Men’s RS:X
- Nick Thompson tops the British challenge in the Laser in seventh overall. Elliot Hanson next in 11th
WHAT THEY SAID:
Tom Squires – RS:X Men
“It was challenging today with another breezy day, but that’s good for me. It gives me an opportunity to catch up on some points after a first day where I was still a bit fatigued from the Test Event. I’m looking forward to tomorrow though after some good results today, but I am exhausted right now. Dazed and confused.”
Ali Young – Laser Radial
“We had a bit more breeze today so we managed to get three races in which was nice. To be honest though I feel like I’m running on fumes and fairy dust so it’s quite hard work. I finally managed to get off the start line which made things easier. Especially in that last race I got off the line nicely and got some rhythm upwind which made things a lot simpler for me.”
Ben Saxton – Nacra 17
“We had two good races today but the last was pretty wild. I think we sailed well in all three though. We are sailing well, maybe let a few points slip in that final race, but on the whole sailing well and that is great for us.”
Racing will run through to the live medal races on the British Sailing Team website and across the team’s social media on 31 August and 1 September.
Full results from the event can be found here.