EVENT: Finn Gold Cup (16-21 December)
VENUE: Melbourne, Australia
- Action resumes on day 4 after 40-degree heat puts paid to third day
- Giles Scott (above) up to second with two days remaining
- Reigning Olympic and European champ Scott disqualified from opening race – but result overturned after evidence proves he was wrongly identified
- Both Scott and team mate Ed Wright bank race wins
- Wright (below) moves up to 13th overall
- Henry Wetherell down one place to 26th
- Last day of fleet racing on Friday; regatta concludes with double points medal race for top 10 on Saturday
All results will be published here
WHAT THEY SAID:
Ed Wright, 42, Bournemouth, Dorset:
“When we went out today we had eight to ten knots, then ten minutes before the start it got up to about 15 knots. There was a real scramble for people to change settings but we got away on time and I was able to win the first race. I got off the line, held my lane and extended from there. It was a nice feeling.
“The second race wasn’t so easy, and then in the last race I was fifth at the top mark when my mainsheet jumped out of the block. I capsized but still managed to pull through. Not a bad day after all that.”
Follow the British Sailing Team at www.britishsailingteam.com and via our social media channels.