- Weymouth and Portland delivers another day of glamourous conditions
- Charlotte Dobson and Saskia Tidey rise to top of the 49erFX fleet with two wins and a second place
- John Gimson and Anna Burnet move up to second overall in the Nacra 17 with two race wins and a second place
- Ben Saxton and Nikki Boniface also claim a Nacra 17 race win to move up to sixth overall
- Two British teams in 49er top ten
- Dylan Fletcher and Stuart Bithell remain top Brits in sixth overall; two thirds and a sixth place finish for the day
- James Peters and Fynn Sterritt sit in ninth despite a mishap in the second race of the day; A wave caught helm Peters and dislodged his trapeze wire. The pair also scored a second and fourth.
WHAT THEY SAID:
Anna Burnet, 26, Shandon, Scotland (Nacra 17):
“It was pretty bumpy out there with some big waves. It was a bit more difficult for us sailing the Nacra today than it was yesterday so quite a challenge. But it was sunny and all in all a nice day on the water.
“We had a good day with solid results. Coming away with a 1,1,2 we are pretty happy with that, but it’s still early days.”
Saskia Tidey, 25, Portland, Dorset (49er FX):
“We had a good day today. It was another windy day here in Weymouth. We were sailing in the harbour so it was a bit flatter water and we came away with a 1,1,2 so couldn’t be happier.
“We’ve started well. Yesterday we had a few breakages which was a bit scary but we battled through the day and came away with solid results. We are still in qualifying at the moment so we just need to keep it tidy, seal the deal and hopefully come in to finals and let it rip.”
James Peters, 26, Hayling Island, Hampshire (49er):
“It was a good day. Pretty fresh breeze and good waves out in the bay, Weymouth is really delivering on the conditions.
“We had a good first race. We were leading all the way round but just missed it at the finish and took second. Second race we had a bit of a mishap and had a big score, but third race we came back strong to go through the fleet for another top five. After a solid day yesterday as well, we are putting together a good series”