- Delayed start to regatta due to lack of wind. Reduced schedule of races as a result
- James Peters and Fynn Sterritt sit seventh in 49er. The pair won the second race of the day
- Three British Laser sailors in top ten. Nick Thompson (pictured below) sits third overall with Micky Beckett eighth and Lorenzo Chiavarini tenth.
- George Povall top British Laser Radial sailor in 11th
- Race win and fourth puts Ben Saxton and Nikki Boniface (pictured above) top of the Nacra 17. John Gimson and Anna Burnet in sixth.
- Kieran Holmes seventh in Men’s RS:X
- Steady start puts Emma Wilson (pictured bottom) sixth in Women’s RS:X
WHAT THEY SAID:
Emma Wilson – RS:X Women
“It was a pretty good day with three races pretty late on. Two top tens and a third in the final race, so I’m happy with that. It was a lot colder today than it has been lately. It was a light wind day but it’s looking windy the next few so that’s when the fun will really start.”
Nick Thompson – Laser
“We sat around on shore for a little while but looking at the forecast it could be the last day we do that. For me personally I had two reasonable races and a solid start to the regatta. The conditions were not easy to read so two good scores is enough for day one.”
John Gimson – Nacra 17
“It was a steady start to the event for us considering how light it was. It could have been better, but it also could have been a whole lot worse, so for day one we are happy. Today was the day on the forecast that really worried us as it was so light and you don’t want to have a shocker on the first day, there was a lot of risk management going on.”
Racing will run through to the live medal races on the British Sailing Team website and across the team’s social media on 31 August and 1 September.
Full results from the event can be found here.